Tales of Two Species
A collection of over 30 of Patricia’s insightful essays, ranging from genetics to communication, and from dog training to temperament testing. Tales of Two Species is written for every dog lover who wants to expand their understanding of the behavior of people and dogs. Read a chapter a day when cuddled up with your dog and learn:
- What a dog’s name says about its owner and future relationship.
- How to translate between “human” and “dog”.
- The impact of nature and nurture on your dog’s behavior.
- Why “dominance” over your dog isn’t the answer to obedience.
- What’s going on inside that furry head and big, gorgeous eyes.
Have you ever caught yourself wondering what your dog is thinking when he rolls in something stinky? Do you wonder how much of your emotional life is like that of your dog’s? With sections on New Dogs, Emotions and Cognition, Communication, Training, Genetics, Ethology & Behavior, these essays promise to expand your understanding of all things dog, and you’ll learn a little bit about yourself in the process. Join best-selling author Patricia McConnell in pondering these questions in this thought-provoking collection of essays about people and dogs, originally written for The Bark Magazine and nominated for 2009 DWAA Best General Interest Book in 2009.
Publisher: Dogwise Publishing
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches
Author: Patricia McConnell PhD
Publish Date: November 7, 2008
Number of Pages: 182