Rex Specs K9 Goggles Large
Whether your dog is your working K9 partner, riding the wild roads in your motorcycle sidecar, hiking a mountain, or on a hunting excursion - Rex Specs K9 are the perfect goggles for your best friend.
HEALTH & PREVENTION
The majority of dogs will be diagnosed with some sort of eye ailment by the time they are 8 years old. Many of these can be prevented or treated with some form of protection from harmful elements, such as the sun, debris, grasses and brush.
Rex Specs K9 design is optimized for the working dog. They are used by personal protection dog trainers, United States Defense departments, hunters and in many other working K9 applications. Rex Specs have received the mark approval from several K9 professionals for their effectiveness in many different situations.
- The large spherical lens design allows for a full range of view, eliminating the potential for any distractions or obstruction during wear.
- The soft foam edge fits snuggly on the face of the dog, protecting them from dust and debris.
- The low profile fully adjustable strap allows a custom fit on each dog, and easily integrates with other products and harnesses.
- These goggles fit securely throughout all activities while still allowing maximum freedom and full jaw motion.
Rex Specs K9 – protection for those who protect us.
Buying a pair of goggles is an investment in your dog's health and training time. It may take a little work before your dog wears Rex Specs like a pro.
We have noticed that well-trained dogs and working dog breeds seem to accept this 'job' a little easier than some other breeds. We've had instant success with some first-time-wearers, while others fight it. However, with a little training, any dog can wear Rex Specs like a pro!
- Remove the Lens: Try the goggles without the lens a few times before introducing the lens. This allows the dog to get used to the frame on their face before making them look through the lens. Transition from no lens to the clear lens.
- Timing: Have your dog wear the goggles in a comfortable place; around the house while they are tired, sleeping or eating. If your dog is leash trained, introduce the goggles while they are on the leash when their attempts to remove the goggles can be quickly corrected.
- Positive Association: Positive reinforcement - make it fun! Put them on for short periods of time before breakfast, dinner, treats, or their favourite activities. Our dogs love trail runs, so we’d put them on before a run. They also love the raw elk bones we get from our local butcher. Hence, we'd put the goggles on and give them a bone. When the Rex Specs come out, they have learned that something good is going to happen.