Foggy Mountain Plaid Turnout Coats
This functional, practical Foggy Mountain Plaid dog coat-originally designed for horses will keep your dog warm in the most severe weather. The Plaid Turnout Coat stays put while dogs romp and play due to its unique criss-cross belly strap design. The same quality 3 layer construction as the Nylon turnout but with a soft plaid outer layer that is soft but not waterproof. Measure your standing dog from base of neck (where the shoulder blades start) to the base of tail without letting the dog's back end drop down while you measure.
- 100% Wool and washable wool blends imported from Italy. Cotton blends made in the USA
- Inner layer of polyfil lined with a soft faux sheepskin
- Adjustable neck, hook & loop with brass plate clasp
- Contouring around the haunches for warmth and fit
- Criss-cross adjustable belly straps
- Lead clip D-ring on all coats size 16.5" and under
- Dachshund plaid turnouts available under "Breed Coats"
- Machine or hand wash cold/drip dry or dry clean only
- Made in the USA
Coat Sizing Tips
The hardest part is finding the "base of neck" and keeping his fanny up while you measure. If his fanny drops down while you are measuring this will extend the length and the coat will be too big.
Finding the base of neck-The base of the neck is where the shoulder blades start. You want to have your dog standing straight and run your fingers down the back of his neck untill you feel where the shoulder blades start-this is the base of the neck.
With your dog still standing straight with his head up you want to measure from his base of neck (cover the shoulder blades but not further up the neck) to the base of his tail without letting his fanny drop down while you measure. Sometimes it will take a third hand to "prop" under the belly to be sure that fanny doesn't drop down.
Breed sizing chart can be found here.