Family Friendly Dog Training
Family Friendly Dog Training will have your dog listening to you in no time! Let Patricia McConnell's years of experience and expertise show you how to make training fun, fast and easy. This user-friendly book is used all over the country by progressive trainers and shelters—it's helped over 40,000 dogs and their owners with positive and effective methods that make training a pleasure. Here's just some of what you will learn:
- Why it's never too late to go "back to basics!"
- How to teach basic cues such as like Sit, Down, Come, Heel, Stay.
- How to teach Leave It, Drop It, and No Jumping like a pro.
- Why positive reinforcement is NOT spoiling your dog with a cookie.
- How to communicate so that your dog understands you.
Would you like your dog to be polite when visitors ring the doorbell and to come when called? You can have that and much more by following the instructions in this clear and concise training guide. Each of the six chapters describes one week of progressive exercises that will teach your dog to listen, respond to basic cues like “Sit, Stay and Come,” and pay attention to you instead of the squirrel next door. Dog lovers and trainers love this book because it’s as friendly to people as it is to dogs!
Publisher: McConnell Publishing, Ltd
Product Dimensions: 10.0 x 7.0 x 0.4 inches
Authors: Patricia McConnell PhD and Aimee Moore
Publish date: 2006
Number of pages: 108