American Natural Premium Legume Free Dry Dog
American Natural Premium was founded in Wisconsin in 1998. According to founders Gene Large and Jennifer Burlo, they wanted to provide high quality high quality pet food at an affordable price. ANP focuses on three main criteria: quality, taste, and price.
American Natural Premium pet foods are co-packed for the company by Fromm which has several USDA-inspected pet food manufacturing plants in Wisconsin.
American Natural Premium has several great features, especially if you have multiple dogs or you feed bigger dogs.
- Their foods are very reasonably priced for premium dog foods.
- Some of their formulas are available in 40-lb bags. If you have 2-3 Labrador Retrievers or other big dogs, you probably know how fast they can go through a 25-lb bag of premium dog food. It’s nice to buy a big bag of food that lasts a little longer.
- ANP foods have no corn, wheat, or soy; and no ingredients from China.
- Their foods are quality-tested during cooking and before distribution.
- They purchase their ingredients in small batches, often from local farmers and producers, to ensure quality and freshness.
- Their foods are cooked in small batches at low temperatures to ensure palatability, digestibility, and the availability of the nutrients.
- Probiotics are added after cooking to ensure their viability.